VNU School of Law was established in 2000 on the basis of reorganizing the Department of Law, VNU University of Social Sciences and Humanities in 1976.
To offer Undergraduate, Master and PhD programs in legal studies in order to provide qualified human resources to meet the urgent socio-economic requirements of the country.
Undergraduate Programs (4 years):
Law and Business Law.
Master and PhD Programs (2 years and 2 - 4 years respectively):
Theory and History of State and Law*, Criminal Law*, Business Law*, International Law*, Civil Law, Marine and Marine Management Law.
(*show both Master and PhD Programs).
International Joint Training Programs
• Master and PhD Programs in Law with prestigious universities in France;
• Undergraduate Program in Vietnamese - Japanese Law supported by Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO), Japan.
• Department of Theory and History of State and Law;
• Department of Constitution and Administration;
• Department of Criminal Law;
• Department of Civil Law;
• Department of Business Law;
• Department of International Law.
• Center for Legal Research and Services (LERES);
• Center for Comparative Law (CCL);
• Center for the Sea and Marine Law;
• Center for Criminal Law and Criminology (CCLC);
• Center for Human and Citizen’s Rights.
Research and Application
At present, VNU School of Law is conducting the following research projects:
• Theoretical and practical issues relating to the accomplishment of Vietnam’s legal framework on the protection of intellectual property rights in the process of integrating into the global and regional economy;
• The relationship between morality and law;
• Civil law in the market economy - current situations assessment and resolutions;
• Public services in Vietnam at the present time;
• Some basic international regulations on environmental protection.
VNU School of Law has set up cooperative links with educational institutions and organizations in many countries in the world such as: Australia, Belgium, Canada, China, France, Japan, Italy, Korea, Russia and the USA.
In recent years, the School has participated in joint training programs and staff exchange programs with CIDA (Canada), University of Liberty (Belgium), University of Lyon 3, University of Bordeaux 4, University of Toulouse 1 (France) and Jetro (Japan).
Contact address: VNU School of Law, E1, 144, Xuân Thủy, Cầu Giấy, Hanoi
Tel: (84.4) 37547787, Fax: (84.4) 37547081